'One coach with whom I want to work again? Mourinho': Hazard launches passionate defence of under-fire Manchester United boss and admits he said 'sorry' about role he played in Chelsea sacking


Eden Hazard wants to work with Jose Mourinho again and regrets how things ended for the Manchester United boss at Chelsea.

In a revealing interview with Belgian outlet HLN, Hazard blames himself for Mourinho's acrimonious departure from Stamford Bridge.

And he has promised to stop talking about Real Madrid after once again teasing the possibility of a move to the Spanish giants this week.



He said: 'In 12 years I've only had one bad season, the last six months under Mourinho and it was partly my own fault. After the title, we asked Mourinho for extra holidays. I came back totally out of shape.

'Mourinho's image of an extremely defensive coach isn't completely right. He is far from adventurous like Guardiola, but the season in which we became champions, we made many goals and played good games.

the last season under Mourinho was not enjoyable. We didn't win, we got into a sort of routine, training without having fun, it was better for all parties that we parted ways.

'But if I'm asked now about one coach with whom I want to work again, I would say Mourinho.'

He believes Chelsea could have gone on to become a force under Mourinho, but regrets that they fell into a 'negative cycle' that forced his departure in December 2015.






He admits to feeling guilty over the Portuguese's exit, and claims he even messaged him to apologise.

I don't regret many things in my career, but that I have not been able to work with Mourinho at Chelsea anymore is one of them.

'We had a team that could win more trophies. We just ended up in a negative cycle.

'I sent him a message to say I was sorry he had gone and that I was sorry. We'd enjoyed all that success together, but this time we hadn't.

'I felt a little bit guilty because I'd been Player of the Year. I'd been one of the most decisive players, and then I performed less.'

Post a Comment

0 Comments